A few kilometers away from the farmhouse, is the town of Palma di Montechiaro. Founded in 1637 by the Tomasi di Lampedusa family, it was the place where Giuseppe Tomasi drew inspiration to write his masterpiece “The Leopard”.
Mandranova is situated in the part of Sicily where the Burt Lancaster film “Il Gattopardo” was set, and offers easy access to the southern coast. To the west, on the outskirts of Agrigento, there are the Valley of Temples and the archaeological sites of Seliunte. The brilliant white beaches of Scala Dei Turchi and Eraclea Minoa are a short drive away. On the south-eastern side of the island Modica and Ragusa stand out with their beautiful Baroque churches and palaces. Lastly, in the center of Sicily there are the unmissable Piazza Armerina – with the wonderful mosaics at Villa del Casale – and Caltagirone, famous town for its pottery.